Seeing someone else yawn, it may be impossible to resist the urge to yawn yourself. Even reading about yawning can cause the impulse to be irresistible. Here are some fun facts about yawning:
- Almost all creatures on the planet yawn, including snakes, fish, and dogs!
- The purpose of yawning is to cool brain temperature and actually keep you awake.
- Contagious yawning is an ancient ritual that evolve to help groups stay alert to detect any threats and danger.
- Dogs yawn to stay calm in certain situations.
- Read more facts about yawning on : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6270036.stm
Hopefully this post makes you yawn, and helps you stay awake on this wacky Wednesday!
Thanks to Diane Bauman for the beautiful Reine starting this chain reaction!